Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the planning, engineering, and
implementation of the cloud infrastructure. This position covers the implementation and design of
hardware and software and establishing procedures to ensure hardware/software availability and stability.
It is also responsible for the documentation and the monitoring of the performance of all systems. This
position reports to the Chief Technical Officer.
▪ Install, support, maintain, and develop the cloud infrastructure
▪ Ensure proper availability of cloud resources: computing, memory, storage
Establish and monitor cloud infrastructure metrics for performance issues and to troubleshoot
problems as they arise.
▪ Review and maintain the server specifications related to standard hardware, software and
application requirements by analyzing the business and security requirements.
▪ Create and maintain all server/cloud infrastructure documentation; including downtime records,
inventory, procedural documentation, and a disaster recovery plan. Apply updates and service packs to host systems and applications.
▪ Define and implement security policies
▪ Develop, maintain, and execute comprehensive project plans that relate to the server
▪ Remotely support regional data centers and field offices with some travel required.
▪ Interact and develop relationships with vendors and other 3rd party contractors to manage
projects and secure network products and services.
▪ Work closely with delivery team to provide input on industry trends to tailor our delivery offerings
to meet the market needs
▪ Design of client’s Cloud environments
▪ Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass
application movements into the cloud
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
5 – 7 years of experience in Virtualization, Cloud Computing Engineering & architecture, service models,
deployment models, practical implementations, operations
Hands-on knowledge of VMware’s Virtualization Suite including NSX
Hands-on knowledge with Linux Administration and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
Experience working with global data center environments
Experience with large-scale virtualization clusters with hundreds of VMs per cluster
Experience with Cloud Technology and Microservices
Knowledge of best practice backup and recovery procedures.
Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of server and application related issues, at times under pressure.
Strong sensitivity on cybersecurity matters
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strong written and verbal communications skills.